Stericurtain is a reusable PVC coated curtain that has anti-microbial properties and a wipe clean surface which prevents the spread of infection. Unlike other rigid PVC fabrics, Stericurtain is a PVC coated polyester which gives it more flexibility to drape like a conventional curtain and can be safely used in hospital wards.
Reusable curtains are a far more cost effective and sustainable option than disposable curtains saving hospitals thousands in waste, facilities and laundry costs. You could be benefiting from a 76% reduction in curtain costs by switching to Stericurtain.
The fabric allows bodily fluid spills to be cleaned immediately using a detergent, unlike other absorbent fabrics. Manufactured from 100% polyester PVC laminated fabric which will not tear or stain. Available as standard in 3 widths – 7m, 5m, and 3m with a 2m drop or made to measure. Manufactured on site in the UK for fast order turnaround.
- Overall cost saving compared to machine washable and disposable type
- Saves the time on replacing curtains regularly (in Covid wards they were replaced every 15 minutes in London hospitals during the peak
- Save the environment on having to incinerate the disposable curtains
- Saves the laundry cost and time on machine washable ones
- Saves the problems of relying on long lead times for delivery
- Can be installed and used for many years and cleaned using standard cleaning procedures and chemicals already used for surfaces in the healthcare sector
- Flame retardant conforming to BS5867 Part 2 Type C for hospitals and healthcare environments
- Biosafe® accredited